After the tips and hints that I shared with you guys the other day, a bunch of you have submitted more of your own tips, and I thought it would be nice to share them with you all again today! I’d really like to thank everybody that has submitted tips to us, and I hope they prove useful to some of you!
First up, IronKing has suggested a new mining method. This may be obvious to some players, but for many, it may have never crossed your mind. This method involves using TNT! TNT can be created from gunpowder, which can be collected from creepers.
Once you have TNT, make a hole in the sand or in the dirt, and place one TNT block, and then activate it.
Doing this will blow up a big hole in the ground. You can then find a corner in the hole you created, place another TNT, and activate it again!
Keep doing this until you’re out of TNT to make a huge cave that is easy to collect resources from.
Next, I have another mining tip from Matthew. You can read his suggestion in the quoted text below!
“ I have a couple of tips that a friend told me and it is really helpful once you have a mine. Firstly, diamond is most common in between the bottom of the earth 16th layer from the bottom (don’t forget to count the 6 layers of bedrock). Also, the most efficient way to mine for materials is to mine one row in one direction as far as you want. Then, every second block, dig in one direction as far as you want. This is a really good way for mining because you can see everything and you save on pickaxes because you don’t have to mine the unnecessary blocks. “
Next up, we have a huge list of the cave do’s and don’ts by Mandalore, a great PE builder!
Do’s and Dont’s in caves:
- You should use superalts instead of TNT if you have a dog to keep it safe from unnecessary damage.
- Don’t take too much stuff with you when going deep into a cave. You may lose all if you die or don’t find the way back. It’s also quite annoying when you find some cool stuff and there’s no more place for it.
- Don’t be too greedy in caves. You will regret it if you die in lava. You’ll lose everything and it will all BURN!!
- Never break gravel on top of you. It will fall down and kill you.
- Never jump into a Waterfall. It could lead you directly to a lava pond.
- Don’t mine until your pickaxe is destroyed! You may need a tool to dig yourself directly up to the surface if you don’t find the way back.
- Take many torches with you and when you don’t find anything in a part of the cave and you have to return, take them with you again. You can never have enough torches.
- Always take some gravel and dirt with you. It can be very helpful to make safe ways down or get up again if you fall into a deep cave.
- If you can take a bit of water with you. It can save you from dying in lava.
- When a cave divides itself in two ways and you want to explore one, first put something noticeable like colored wool at the place where you stand. If you come back again, you just have to follow the wool to find back to daylight.
- First explore caves that are nearby your home so that you can bring the findings directly there without having to face Monsters when you arrive at the surface at night.
- Always take wood with you. You can use it to make useful tools like torches and pickaxes when finding iron or coal. Then you don’t have to return too early.
- And the last one: Before you go on your expedition, always put your ores into the furnace. You’ll be pleased to find them finished when you return.